Caluran 50 MG Tablet 10
Bicalutamide is used in the treatment of prostate cancer.
Mode of drug action :
Bicalutamide is an antiandrogen drug that binds to the androgen receptors and blocks the action of androgens of adrenal and testicular origin that trigger the growth of malignant prostatic tissue. It blocks the action of male hormones in prostate and inhibits the growth of tumor cells.
What are the common side effects?
The common side effects of bicalutamide are nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, decreased appetite, dizziness, head ache, constipation, stomach upset, trouble breathing, diarrhea, abdominal pain, increased blood pressure, weight changes, depression and difficulty in sleeping.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Do not consume alcohol while using Caluran medication.
• Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while using the drug Caluran.
• Avoid excess exposure to sunlight or UV-light while using Caluran drug.
• Consult a doctor immediately if symptoms like fatigue, jaundice, abdominal pain or dark colored urine are observed while using Caluran medication.
• Do not take Caluran medication without consulting a doctor.
• Be cautious in using the drug Caluran while suffering from hepatic impairment.
What else should I know?
1. Can I take atorvastatin while using bicalutamide? No. Do not use bicalutamide along with atorvastatin as it can increase the risk of side effects.
2. When should I avoid taking bicalutamide? Do not take bicalutamide medication while having rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption.
3. What if I miss a dose? Do not take a double dose of bicalutamide if the previous one was missed; instead resume the usual dosage as directed by the physician.
4. Can I use bicalutamide while using lomitapide? No. Do not use the drug bicalutamide along with lomitapide as it can lead to drug interactions and cause harmful effects.
5. How should I store the drug? Bicalutamide must be stored at room temperature (20-25 0C) away from moisture, heat and light. Keep the drug away from the reach of children.