Capegard 500 MG Tablet 10
Capecitabine is an anticancer drug which is used to treat cancers of the neck, head, ovary, lungs, bone, breast, urinary bladder, etc.
Mode of drug action :
Capecitabine works by interfering with the growth of the cancer cells and prevents the spread of the cancer cells in the body.
What are the common side effects?
The side effects which occur with capecitabine are tiredness, skin rash, stomach pain, constipation, tingling, and numbness.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Unsafe Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• If problems such as hand and foot syndrome, kidney disease, cardiac toxicity and high calcium levels are present, then inform the doctor. You may need additional care with Capegard use.
• If other cancer drugs are already in use, then let the doctor know the same before taking Capegard.
• Do not carry out activities which need alertness. This is because of the Capegard side effects such as dizziness and nausea.
• In the case of an allergic reaction to capecitabine in the past, do not take the Capegard.
• If severe skin rash occurs, permanent discontinuation of Capegard medication is required.
• Women planning for pregnancy need to use additional contraception while taking Capegard medicine. Pregnant women should not take Capegard drug due to the risk of harm to the fetus. Do not breastfeed while using the Capegard drug.
What else should I know?
1. How to take capecitabine ? Take the capecitabine within half an hour of having food and at the same time every day.
2. Is capecitabine an approved drug? Yes. Capecitabine is approved by the FDA for its use.
3. Does capecitabine cause hair loss? Yes. Hair loss might occur with the use of capecitabine. Seek doctor’s help if this occurs.
4. Can I drive after taking capecitabine medicine? Do not drive after capecitabine medication due to the risk of dizziness and nausea with the drug.
5. How long does it take to show the effects of capecitabine? The duration in which the required effect is produced by capecitabine depends on the severity of cancer.