Carca 40 MG Tablet CR
Manufactured by: Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Strength: 40 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Beta-Blockers
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: High blood pressure, Chest pain (Angina)
What is Carca 40 mg Tablet CR?
Carca 40 mg Tablet CR contains Carvedilol as an active ingredient which is used in the treatment of high blood pressure and chest pain (Angina).
Carca 40 mg Tablet CR is used in the treatment of high blood pressure and chest pain.
How Does the Drug Work?
Carvedilol binds to the beta adrenergic receptors in the heart muscle cells and causes, relaxation of blood vessels. Thus, lowers the blood pressure.
Common Side Effects of Carca 40 mg Tablet CR:
List of major side effects of Carca 40 mg Tablet CR
- Increased sweating
- Difficulty in breathing
- Nausea and vomiting
- Back pain
- Weight gain
- Cold hands and feet
How to Use Carca 40 mg Tablet CR?
Carca 40 mg Tablet CR is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine should be taken with food.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Carca 40 mg Tablet CR
- Do not take Carca 40 mg Tablet CR if you are allergic to this medication.
- This medicine may cause dizziness in some patients. It is not advisable to drive or use heavy machinery while taking this medication.
- It is advisable to check and note pulse daily and blood pressure (BP) thrice a week during the treatment with this medication.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment Carca 40 mg Tablet CR as it may cause additive hypotensive effect.
Contraindications while using Carca 40 mg Tablet CR
- This medication is contraindicated for use in the patients with hepatic impairment or bronchial asthma.
- This medication is contraindicated in the patients with severe bradycardia (slow heart rate) and metabolic acidosis.
Possible drug interactions of Carca 40 mg Tablet CR with other drugs
- Concurrent use with calcium channel blockers such as verapamil may increase the risk of bradycardia (slow heart rate).
- This medication may increase the hypoglycaemic effects of antidiabetic agents when concomitantly used with these agents.
- Concurrent use with cyclopropane and trichloroethylene may cause hypotension (low blood pressure) and heart failure.
Warnings while using Carca 40 mg Tablet CR
- Carca 40 mg Tablet CR should be used with special caution in the patients with peripheral vascular disease.
- This medicine should be used with extreme caution in the patients with myocardial infraction or ventricular arrhythmias (irregular heart beat).
- Regular monitoring of heart rate, blood pressure and liver function is advisable during the treatment period.
- Abrupt withdrawal of this medication is not advisable as it may increase the risk of side effects.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Carca 40 mg Tablet CR may be unsafe for use during pregnancy and lactation. Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable in such cases.
Store this medicine at room temperature. Keep away from moisture, sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- Is Carca 40 mg Tablet CR a diuretic?
No, Carca 40 mg Tablet CR is not a diuretic. It belongs to a group of drugs called as beta-blockers which is used in the treatment of hypertension.
- Can I take Carca 40 mg Tablet CR with paracetamol?
Carca 40 mg Tablet CR may cause adverse effects if concomitantly used with paracetamol. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.
- Does Carca 40 mg Tablet CR cause fatigue and dizziness?
Carca 40 mg Tablet CR may cause fatigue (tiredness) and dizziness as its side effect. Notify to your physician if you have these problems persistently while taking this medication.
- Can I take alcohol while taking Carca 40 mg Tablet CR?
Alcohol consumption is not recommended if you are using Carca 40 mg Tablet CR as it can lower your blood pressure additively. This may make you feel dizzy and you might even faint.