Cardace Am 2.5/5 Mg Tablet 10
Amlodipine is used in the treatment of hypertension, chest pain (i.e. angina) and other conditions in which the artery of the heart gets narrowed. It is also used for the prevention of heart disorders. Ramipril tablets are used to treat several heart conditions such as high blood pressure, heart failure, and to increase the chances of survival of heart attack patients. It also reduces the risk of getting heart diseases.
How does the drug work?
Amlodipine belongs to a class of drugs called the calcium channel blockers. The mechanism of action of is by dilation of the blood vessels, and thereby, improving the blood flow through them. Ramipril is an ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitor. It prevents the conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II, a compound which caUSES constriction of blood vessels. Thereby, ramipril relieves the high blood pressure.
What are the common side effect?
The amlodipine side effects which are commonly experienced are dizziness, tiredness, flushing, stomach pain, and nausea. The ramipril side effects are low blood pressure, dizziness, moderate to extreme tiredness, and cough. The other less common but serious side effects includes severe and serious allergic reactions, inflammation of the pancreas, liver toxicity, etc.
• Avoid Cardace AM tablet if an allergic reaction has been experienced in the past with ramipril or any other drug of the same class.
• Diabetics and kidney disease patients should not take the drug aliskiren together with tab Cardace AM for the management of high blood pressure.
• Take the doctor’s suggestion before taking any over-the-counter medicine along with Cardace AM medicine.
• People with a history of swelling under the skin with the use of Cardace AM drug should avoid taking it.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid taking the medication Cardace AM.
• People with kidney impairment require additional monitoring while taking Cardace AM medicine.
• Do not take more than prescribed Cardace AM dose.
1. Can I stop taking amlodipine tablets if the symptoms of hypertension are resolved? You may not always have the symptoms even if your blood pressure is high. Thus, you should not stop taking amlodipine but may have to continue it for your whole life.
2. Can amlodipine alone control my hypertension? Amlodipine is a part of treatment for hypertension. You should also follow a proper diet, exercise and maintain your weight along with taking this drug.
3. How should I take amlodipine? You may take amlodipine with or without food, and with a glass of water. Take the medicine at the same time each day.
4. Will my chest pain decrease immediately when I take amlodipine? Your chest pain can increase at first with amlodipine. But later it should decrease which if does not happen, you should consult a doctor.
5. How can I avoid dizziness with amlodipine? You should change your positions (i.e. sitting or standing or lying down) slowly to avoid dizziness and falls. Ramipril
1. What should I do if I get jaundice while using ramipril? You must discontinue the use of ramipril because it can lead to more severe jaundice and even death.
2. What is the ramipril dosage for high blood pressure in adults? The initial dose of ramipril for high blood pressure in adults is
2.5 mg once daily orally. This may be increased in the later stages for the maintenance of blood pressure. However, take your doctor’s advice regarding the exact dose suitable for you.
3. What happens if I take ramipril during pregnancy? Taking ramipril during pregnancy can lead to injury or even death of the fetus. This risk is high during 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy.
4. How should I take ramipril? You may take ramipril with or without food.
5. How long may I need ramipril for treating high blood pressure? You may have to use the drug for your whole life. This is because high blood pressure does not always produce symptoms.