Cardiopril 10 MG Capsule 10
Ramipril tablets are used to treat several heart conditions such as high blood pressure, heart failure, and to increase the chances of survival of heart attack patients. It also reduces the risk of getting heart diseases.
Mode of drug action :
Ramipril is an ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme) inhibitor. It prevents the conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II, a compound which causes constriction of blood vessels. Thereby, ramipril relieves the high blood pressure.
What are the common side effects?
The ramipril side effects are low blood pressure, dizziness, moderate to extreme tiredness, and cough. The other less common but serious side effects includes severe and serious allergic reactions, inflammation of the pancreas, liver toxicity, etc.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Unsafe Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Avoid Cardiopril tablet if an allergic reaction has been experienced in the past with ramipril, hydrochlorothiazide or any other drug of the same class (i.e. other ACE inhibitors).
• Diabetics and kidney disease patients should not take the drug aliskiren together with Cardiopril for the management of high blood pressure.
• Take the doctor’s suggestion before taking any over-the-counter medicine along with Cardiopril medicine.
• People with a history of swelling under the skin with the use of Cardiopril drug should avoid taking it.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid taking the medication Cardiopril.
• People with kidney impairment require additional monitoring while taking Cardiopril medicine.
What else should I know?
1. What should I do if I get jaundice while using ramipril? You must discontinue the use of ramipril because it can lead to more severe jaundice and even death.
2. What is the ramipril dosage for high blood pressure in adults? The initial dose of ramipril for high blood pressure in adults is
2.5 mg once daily orally. This may be increased in the later stages for the maintenance of blood pressure. However, take your doctor’s advice regarding the exact dose suitable for you.
3. What happens if I take ramipril during pregnancy? Taking ramipril during pregnancy can lead to injury or even death of the fetus. This risk is high during 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy.
4. How should I take ramipril? You may take ramipril with or without food.
5. How long may I need ramipril for treating high blood pressure? You may have to use the drug for your whole life. This is because high blood pressure does not always produce symptoms.