Carlymox 500/150 Mg Capsule 10
Amoxicillin is one among the penicillin group of antibiotics which is prescribed during the treatment for bacterial infections. Amoxicillin present in the drug augmentin is of great benefit for tonsil pain relief, treatment for sinus infection, genital and urinary tract infection, teeth and gum infections, respiratory tract infections, and it is a common antibiotic for many bacterial infections. Carbocisteine is used to treat breathing difficulties due to excessive mucus in the air passages associated with respiratory tract infections.
How does the drug work?
Amoxicillin interferes with the production of the bacterial cell wall; it weakens and ruptures the cell wall of the bacteria thereby killing them. Carbocisteine is classified under a group of medications known as mucolytic agents. Carbocisteine acts by thinning the mucus which facilitates expectoration and relieves cough.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects associated with amoxicillin include nausea and vomiting, headache, allergic reaction, rash, diarrhea, stomach pain, vaginal itching, and vaginal discharge. The common side effects of carbocisteine include irritation in the ear, allergic skin rash, headache, and dizziness.
• Carlymox capsules may make the patients dizzy or drowsy. Avoid activities like driving, operating heavy machinery, or any activity that requires alertness.
• Limit alcoholic beverages while taking Carlymox drug.
• Do not use Carlymox medicine in case of allergy to Carlymox ingredients or to other drugs such as epinephrine, albuterol.
• Consult the doctor before taking Carlymox in pregnancy, or planning to become pregnant, or during breastfeeding.
1. Is amoxicillin safe for children? Yes, amoxicillin is safe for children when taken in the prescribed dose. Amoxicillin dosage for children differs from that of adults.
2. Can I take amoxicillin for a sore throat, cold, cough, and flu? Amoxicillin is only effective against bacterial infections, not virUSES. A sore throat, cold, and cough caused due to bacteria can be treated with amoxicillin, but the flu cannot be treated as it is a viral infection.
3. Does amoxicillin cause constipation? No. Amoxicillin does not cause constipation. Consult your doctor if you notice such side effects.
4. How long does amoxicillin take to work? The time taken for the amoxicillin to show its action may depend on the type and severity of the infections. However, it would take anywhere between one to seven days.
5. Does amoxicillin act against anaerobic bacteria? Yes. Amoxicillin is active against both aerobic as well as anaerobic bacterial infections. Carbocisteine
1. Is carbocisteine an antihistamine? No, carbocisteine not an antihistamine, it is a mucolytic.
2. I am experiencing irritation in the ear after taking carbocisteine, shall I stop the medication? Irritation in the ear is the common side effect of carbocisteine, which subsides over time. If this irritation persists or worsens consult your doctor.
3. Is it safe to take alcohol while on carbocisteine medication? No. It may worsen your side effects if taken with carbocisteine.
4. Is carbocisteine safe during pregnancy? Yes. carbocisteine is safe during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before taking the medication.
5. What if I missed a dose of carbocisteine? Carbocisteine is usually taken when needed, so even if you miss a dose it may not show any effect.