Caverta 100 MG Tablet 4
Sildenafil is used to treat erectile dysfunction in males. It helps in subsiding symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension. In addition, it improves the exercise capacity.
Mode of drug action :
Sildenafil tablet acts by inhibiting cGMP-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 activities which degrade cGMP in corpus cavernosum around the penis. This causes aggregation of cGMP in smooth muscles. cGMP is responsible for smooth muscle relaxation and increases blood flow which facilitates penile erection during sexual stimulation.
What are the common side effects?
The common sildenafil side effects are flushing, indigestion, insomnia, nosebleed, nasal congestion, running nose, visual impairment, dizziness, and bladder pain.
Pregnancy: Safe under medical guidance Breast feeding: Safe under medical guidance Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Take Caverta only once a day.
• Do not give Caverta to the children below 18 years without doctor’s advice.
• Take Caverta one hour before sexual activity; however you can take it between 4 hrs and 30 minutes when you need it.
• Inform the doctor if there is erection for more than 4 hrs.
• Avoid Caverta incase the patient is on any nitrate drugs for heart problems or chest pain
• Caverta may cause dizziness and hence avoid driving or operating heavy machinery after its use.
• Alcohol intake may impair erection and hence to get maximum benefit, avoid excess alcohol before taking Caverta.
• Avoid taking grapefruit or grapefruit juice while on Caverta tablet, as it interacts with the sildenafil drug.
What else should I know?
1. What is the recommended dosage of sildenafil tablet? Do not take sildenafil tablet more than once a day unless prescribed.
2. Can I consume alcohol while taking sildenafil tablet? No, alcohol causes serious side effects with sildenafil tablet.
3. What are the other available sildenafil brands? Sildenafil is available as Viagra and Revatio.
4. I have retinitis pigmentosa. Can I take sildenafil drug? No, patients with retinitis pigmentosa should not take sildenafil as it may cause visual impairment.
5. Can sildenafil cause increase in the penis size? Sildenafil tablet is used to promote penis erection. Talk to the doctor about other benefits of the drug.