Cb-Lin 0.5 MG Tablet 2
Cabergoline is used to treat high prolactin levels and acromegaly.
Mode of drug action :
Cabergoline belongs to the dopamine agonist class. It binds to the dopamine receptors and prevents the release of prolactin.
What are the common side effects?
The common side effects associated with cabergoline are nausea, vomiting, constipation, headache, dizziness, weakness and peripheral edema.
Pregnancy: Safe under medical guidance Breast feeding: Unsafe Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Avoid CB-LIN medicine in case of uncontrolled hypertension or heart valve problems.
• Do not take CB-LIN if there is a history of any lungs, kidney or stomach diseases.
• Do not take this drug during pregnancy or if planning for pregnancy.
• Avoid CB-LIN medicine in case of any liver disease.
• Avoid this drug in children below 18 years.
What else should I know?
1. Can I drive while on cabergoline treatment? No, cabergoline can cause drowsiness and so you should avoid driving after taking the drug.
2. Is it safe to use cabergoline? Yes. It is safe to use cabergoline within the prescribed limits.
3. Will my menstrual cycle get delayed with cabergoline? No. Cabergoline does not delay the menstrual cycle.
4. Is it safe to take cabergoline during pregnancy? Yes. It is safe to use cabergoline during pregnancy. But ask a doctor before use.
5. Does cabergoline cause dependence? No, cabergoline does not induce dependence and is not a habit forming drug.