Cdpin 20 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: FDC Ltd.
Strength: 20 mg
Drug type: Calcium Antagonists
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: High blood pressure
What is Cdpin 20 mg Tablet?
Cdpin 20 mg Tablet contains Cilnidipine as an active ingredient which is used to reduce high blood pressure.
Cdpin 20 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension).
How Does the Drug Work?
Cilnidipine is a calcium-channel blocker which works by preventing cellular influx of calcium ions and leading to the vasodilation. Hence, lowers the blood pressure.
Common Side Effects of Cdpin 20 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Cdpin 20 mg Tablet
- GI disturbance
How to Use Cdpin 20 mg Tablet?
Cdpin 20 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Cdpin 20 mg Tablet
- Do not take Cdpin 20 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- The pregnant and lactating women should take this medication on doctor’s advice.
- Cdpin 20 mg Tablet may cause dizziness as its side effect. Avoid driving and using heavy machinery while taking this medication.
- Alcohol consumption Is not advisable during the treatment with Cdpin 20 mg Tablet to avoid additive hypotensive effects.
Contraindications while using Cdpin 20 mg Tablet
- The use of Cdpin 20 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with cardiac shock and myocardial infraction.
- The use of this medication is contraindicated in patients with severe aortic stenosis.
Possible drug interactions of Cdpin 20 mg Tablet with other drugs
- The use of Cdpin 20 mg Tablet is advised against in those who are concurrently using other antihypertensives and antipsychotics to avoid additive hypotensive effects.
- Concomitant treatment with rifampicin may lead to reduced plasma levels of this medicine.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in the case of an overdose.
- How often can I take Cdpin 20 mg Tablet?
Cdpin 20 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- How does Cdpin 20 mg Tablet work?
Cdpin 20 mg Tablet is a calcium-channel blocker which works by preventing cellular influx of calcium ions and leading to the vasodilation. Hence, lowers the blood pressure.
- Can I take Cdpin 20 mg Tablet with vitamins?
Cdpin 20 mg Tablet may be taken with vitamins as no adverse drug reaction have been reported between the two. However prior consultation to your doctor is advisable before taking this combination of medicines.
- Can Cdpin 20 mg Tablet be used for anxiety?
No, Cdpin 20 mg Tablet is not indicated for the treatment of anxiety. It is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.