Cdpin 5 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: FDC Ltd.
Strength: 5 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Calcium channel blockers
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: High blood pressure
What is Cdpin 5 mg Tablet?
Cdpin 5 mg Tablet contains Cilnidipine as an active ingredient which is used to treat high blood pressure.
Cdpin 5 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure (Hypertension).
How Does the Drug Work?
Cilnidipine is a calcium-channel blocker which works by preventing the entry of calcium ions into vascular smooth muscles cells and causes dilation of blood vessels. Hence, lowers the blood pressure.
Common Side Effects of Cdpin 5 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Cdpin 5 mg Tablet
- GI disturbance
How to Use Cdpin 5 mg Tablet?
Cdpin 5 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Cdpin 5 mg Tablet
- Do not take Cdpin 5 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- Cdpin 5 mg Tablet may cause dizziness in some patients. Avoid driving and using heavy machinery while taking this medication.
- Before using this medication, notify your physician about your pre-existing diseases and current list of medications.
- Alcohol consumption Is not advisable during the treatment with Cdpin 5 mg Tablet as it may have additive hypotensive effects.
Contraindications while using Cdpin 5 mg Tablet
- The use of Cdpin 5 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with cardiac shock or myocardial infraction.
- This medication is contraindicated to use for patients with severe aortic stenosis.
Possible drug interactions of Cdpin 5 mg Tablet with other drugs
- Concomitant treatment with other antihypertensives and antipsychotics may cause additive hypotensive effects.
- Concomitant treatment with rifampicin may cause reduced plasma level of cilnidipine.
Warnings while using Cdpin 5 mg Tablet
- This medication should be used with caution in the patients with impaired liver functions.
- Abrupt withdrawal of this medication is not advisable as it may increase the risk of side effects.
- Cdpin 5 mg Tablet is not recommended for use in the pediatric population.
- This medication should be used with extreme caution in the patients having coronary artery diseases.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Cdpin 5 mg Tablet is not recommended for use during pregnancy and lactation. Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable in such cases.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in the case of an overdose.
- How does Cdpin 5 mg Tablet work?
Cdpin 5 mg Tablet is a calcium-channel blocker which works by preventing the entry of calcium ions into vascular smooth muscles cells and causes dilation of blood vessels. Hence, lowers the blood pressure.
- Can I take Cdpin 5 mg Tablet with multi-vitamin tablet?
Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable before taking this combination of medicines.
- How often can I take Cdpin 5 mg Tablet?
Cdpin 5 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Can Cdpin 5 mg Tablet be used for anxiety?
No, Cdpin 5 mg Tablet is not used for the treatment of anxiety. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (Hypertension).