Ceedox 100 Mg Capsule 10
Doxycycline is an antibiotic agent which fights against bacteria. It is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of the intestine, eyes, gums, face (such as acne), urinary tract, etc. This medicine is also used to reduce the blemishes, acne-like lesions and bumps caused by rosacea.
How does the drug work?
Doxycycline works by preventing the protein synthesis, and the formation of RNA which is the genetic material of the bacteria.
What are the common side effect?
The common doxycycline side effects are skin rash or itching, nausea, vomiting, stomach discomfort, mild diarrhea, vaginal itching or discharge.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How should I protect my skin from sunburns while using doxycycline? Some patients using doxycycline may experience sunburn with exposure to sunlight. In this case, you should use a sunscreen or sunblock agent.
2. How should I take the medicine for heartburn while using doxycycline? You should give a gap of at least 2 to 3 hours after taking doxycycline, to take your heartburn medicine.
3. Should I tell my surgeon that I am using doxycycline? Yes. You need to inform your surgeon about the use of doxycycline before undergoing a surgery. This is due to the risk of kidney damage with methoxyfluorane, an anesthetic agent given during surgery.
4. Can I take doxycycline with milk? You should not take calcium containing products such as milk as it can decrease the absorption of doxycycline. Instead, swallow the tablet with sufficient water to reduce irritation or ulcers in the throat.
5. Can I take the doxycycline during breastfeeding? Do not take doxycycline for long periods as it causes permanent tooth discoloration in the newborn. Ask a doctor for exact dosage instructions.