Cefakind CV 500/125 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Mankind Pharma Ltd.
Composition: Cefuroxime (500mg) + Clavulanic Acid (125mg)
Strength: 625 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Antibiotics
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Bacterial infections
What is Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet?
Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet is an antibiotic medicine which is used to treat bacterial infections.
Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Does the Drug Work?
Cefuroxime is an antibiotic with bactericidal action. It works by the inhibition of bacterial cell wall synthesis leading to bacterial cell death. Clavulanic acid inhibits the activity of an enzyme beta-lactamase and helps to decrease resistance and increase the action of cefuroxime.
Common Side Effects of Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet
- Abdominal pain
- Sour stomach
- Change in taste
- Shortness of breath
How to Use Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet?
Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. It should be taken with food.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet
- Do not take Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medicine.
- The pregnant and lactating women should take this medication on doctor’s advice.
- Prior consult to your doctor before consumption of alcohol during the treatment with Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet.
- It should be used with caution in the patients with renal impairment.
List of contraindications while using Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet
- Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity to this medicine.
Possible drug interactions of Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet with other compounds
- The use of this medication is advised against in those patients who are concurrently using furosemide and aminoglycosides as it may increase the nephrotoxic effect.
- Cefuroxime may increase the effect of oral anticoagulants.
- Concomitant treatment with probenecid may increase the peak serum level of cefuroxime.
Store this medication at room temperature (between 25-30°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- Can I take Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet while taking food?
Yes, Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet is advisable to be taken with food.
- What are the side effects of Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet?
The common side effects of Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet include chills, headache, fever, diarrhea, sour stomach and abdominal pain.
- How often can I take Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet?
Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Is Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet safe to use during pregnancy?
The pregnant women should use Cefakind CV 500/125 mg Tablet as prescribed by the doctor.