Cefdiel 250 Mg Suspension 30 Ml
Cefdinir is used in the treatment of wide variety of bacterial infections. It is also used to treat symptoms of typhoid fever.
How does the drug work?
Cefdinir is a cephalosporin antibiotic. Cefdinir acts by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria. The active metabolite of cefdinir binds to the penicillin binding protein 3 and inhibits the production of peptidoglycan, which is essential for the formation of the cell wall.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of cefdinir are drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, headache, diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea, stomach upset, and vomiting.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Does cefdinir treat viral infections? No, cefdinir treats only bacterial infections.
2. I am suffering from cold and flu. Can I use cefdinir to treat my condition? No, cefdinir is not effective against cold and flu, as these are viral infections.
3. I am on cefdinir antibiotic since 4 days. I am experiencing diarrhea. Shall I stop using cefdinir medication? Mild diarrhea is common with cefdinir antibiotic. Do not stop the medication without consulting the doctor.
4. What are the effects of cefdinir in pregnant women? Cefdinir is safe during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before using the medicine.
5. How to take cefdinir medicine? Cefdinir medicine should be taken with food, as food enhances the levels of cefdinir and increases its absorption in the body.