Ceham 500 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
Strength: 500 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Nootropics & Neurotonics
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Stroke, Head injury, Alzheimer's disease and Dementia in Parkinson's disease
What is Ceham 500 mg Tablet?
Ceham 500 mg Tablet contains Citicoline as an active ingredient which is used to treat stroke, head injury, Alzheimer's disease and dementia in Parkinson's disease.
Ceham 500 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of stroke, head injury, Alzheimer's disease and dementia in Parkinson's disease.
How Does the Drug Work?
Citicoline elevates the oxygen consumption and blood flow in the brain. Thus, protects nervous system and brain in hypoxic (low oxygen) condition.
Common Side Effects of Ceham 500 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Ceham 500 mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Shaking of hands and feet
How to Use Ceham 500 mg Tablet?
Ceham 500 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. It may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Ceham 500 mg Tablet
- Do not take Ceham 500 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medicine.
- Ceham 500 mg Tablet may cause dizziness in some patients. Avoid driving and using heavy machinery in such condition.
- Prior consultation to the doctor is advisable before consuming alcohol during the treatment with this medicine.
- Before using this medication, notify your physician about your current list of medications, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions such as low or high blood pressure etc.
List of contraindications while using Ceham 500 mg Tablet
- The use of Ceham 500 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity to this medicine.
Possible drug interactions of Ceham 500 mg Tablet with other compounds
- Concomitant treatment with levodopa and meclofenoxate is not recommended while using Ceham 500 mg Tablet.
Warnings while using Ceham 500 mg Tablet
- This medicine should be used with caution in the elderly and debilitated patients.
- This medication should be used with special caution in the patients with renal impairment.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Ceham 500 mg Tablet is unsafe for use during pregnancy and lactation. Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable in such cases.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- How does Ceham 500 mg Tablet work?
Ceham 500 mg Tablet elevates the oxygen consumption and blood flow in the brain. Thus, protects nervous system and brain in hypoxic condition.
- How often can I take Ceham 500 mg Tablet?
Ceham 500 mg Tablet should be taken at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Is Ceham 500 mg Tablet safe for use during pregnancy?
Ceham 500 mg Tablet is unsafe for use during pregnancy. The pregnant women should use this medication under medical supervision.
- Can I take Ceham 500 mg Tablet with food?
Yes, Ceham 500 mg Tablet may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.