Celdach 50 Mg Injection 1
Oxaliplatin is used in the treatment of cancers of fallopian tube, ovarian, colon and rectum.
How does the drug work?
Oxaliplatin prevents the formation of blood vessels that supply the tumors. This deprives the cells from oxygen and nutrients, thus, suppressing their growth.
What are the common side effect?
The side effects that are common with oxaliplatin are altered taste, diarrhea, dry mouth, mouth ulcers, weight loss and hoarseness in voice.
• Inform the doctor in case of a recent surgery or any bowel disorder before using the Celdach drug.
• If conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, bleeding problems, clotting problems, heart diseases, etc. are present, then inform the doctor as the conditions may intensify Celdach injection side effects.
• If a sudden bleeding from colon or other parts is seen during the treatment, inform immediately to the doctor.
• Celdach injection may reduce the levels of defensive blood cells and thus, the body’s infection fighting ability.
• While using the drug Celdach, do not operate heavy machinery or carry out other activities which need alertness. This is due to the risk of impairment in the attention.
• Pregnant and nursing females should follow the additional precautions provided by their doctor before using Celdach drug.
1. Does oxaliplatin cause irritation? No. Oxaliplatin does not cause irritation.
2. Can I take oxaliplatin and ibuprofen together? No. Do not take oxaliplatin and ibuprofen together due to the risk of significant drug interactions.
3. Does oxaliplatin increase bleeding from wounds? Yes. oxaliplatin increases the risk of bleeding. So, contact a doctor if bleeding is persistent.
4. Should I inform my surgeon about using oxaliplatin? Yes. You need to inform the surgeon, who may ask you to stop taking oxaliplatin for at least 4 weeks before surgery.
5. How long should I take birth control pills while using oxaliplatin? You must take birth control pills during and for at least 6 months after taking oxaliplatin medication.