Celin Chew Tablet 20
Vitamin C has multiple uses in the body. Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin which helps boost immunity and is necessary for the normal growth and development. It acts as an antioxidant thereby prevents the cell damage and slows down the aging process. It plays a major role in wound healing. It helps the body to absorb iron, which is essential for the production of RBCs. It is used in the treatment of scurvy. It prevents the possibility of cataract and lead toxicity. It is also used to lower blood pressure.
Mode of drug action :
Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid which is an antioxidant. Antioxidants act by blocking free radicals which can damage the cells. Vitamin C helps in the production of collagen which is an important protein for healthy skin, hair, nails, tendons, ligaments, and cartilage.
What are the common side effects?
The side effects of vitamin C include nausea and vomiting, headache, flushing, skin redness, back pain, diarrhea, stomach cramp, and stomach upset.
Breast feeding: Safe under medical guidance Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Drink plenty of liquids while you are taking Celin Chew.
• Do not self-medicate vitamin C. Consult the doctor in case of pregnancy or breast-feeding.
• Avoid Celin Chew tablets in case of allergy to Vitamin C.
• Patients with kidney disease should consult the doctor before taking Celin Chew tablets.
What else should I know?
1. Is it safe to take iron tablets along with vitamin C tablets? Yes, vitamin C helps to increase the absorption of iron.
2. I am experiencing cold very often, my doctor prescribed vitamin C, how does this help? Frequent cold attacks may be a result of decreased immunity. Vitamin C helps to boost your immunity thereby reducing your cold attacks.
3. Can I take vitamin C for acne? Vitamin C helps in growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body, including skin. However, consult your doctor before using vitamin C or any condition.
4. How does vitamin C serum help to improve my skin tone? Vitamin C is a most common ingredient in the skin care products. Because of its anti-oxidant properties it fights free-radicals and helps to produce collagen naturally thereby improving your skin tone.
5. What is the usual frequency of vitamin C tablet? Vitamin C tablets can be taken at a frequency of once a day to thrice a day safely. However, it depends on the individual’s condition. Consult your doctor about the frequency of the dose.