Celtere 20 Mg Injection 1
Docetaxel belongs to taxanes. It is used to treat symptoms of breast cancer, non-small cell lung cancer. It is used along with prednisone to treat prostate cancer. It is also used for the treatment of cancer related to the head, neck, and stomach.
How does the drug work?
Docetaxel belongs to the class called antimitotic chemotherapy agents. Docetaxel interferes with microtubule growth. It binds to the beta subunit of tubulin which is a building block of the microtubule. The cancer cells rely on the microtubules for its division. Thus, Docetaxel induces programmed cell death by stopping or slowing cancer cells from growth.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of Docetaxel are diarrhea, abdominal pain, hair loss, muscle pain, joint pain, skin of redness and swelling, sore mouth, dry mouth, vomiting, and weakness.
• Patients with extremely low white blood cell counts should not use Celtere drug.
• Do not take Celtere within 24 hours before or after using Docetaxel.
• Women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant should use Celtere medication with caution.
• Persons with allergic reactions to certain foods or substances that contain albumin should not take Celtere drug.
• Avoid taking Celtere medicine in the conditions such as heart attack, irregular heartbeat, bone marrow problems, blood problems, or liver problems as the conditions may intensify Celtere injection side effects.
1. Does docetaxel increases tongue sores? Yes. Docetaxel may increase the severity of tongue sores.
2. I am on azole antifungals. Can I take docetaxel along with it? No, antifungals and docetaxel may have drug-drug interactions when taken together.
3. What are the drugs I should avoid while taking docetaxel? Patients should not take carbamazepine, efavirenz, nevirapine, phenytoin, or rifampin as they may decrease the effectiveness of docetaxel.
4. Does docetaxel cause vision problems? Yes, prolonged use of docetaxel may cause vision changes in the patients. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience such symptoms.
5. Does docetaxel reduce immunity? Yes. docetaxel may decrease immunity and lower the ability to fight infection.