Celzar 200 Mg Injection 1
Gemcitabine is used to treat many cancers such as breast, skin, head and neck or lung cancer. Gemcitabine USES also include treatment of ovarian cancer, testicular cancer, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, blood cancer, and urinary bladder cancer.
How does the drug work?
Gemcitabine belongs to a class of drugs known as antimetabolites. Gemcitabine is known as cytotoxic as they act by stopping the growth of cells in tumors. It also acts by decreasing the activity of the immune system by blocking several enzymes of the immune system which affects the growth of cancerous cells.
What are the common side effect?
The major side effects of gemcitabine, are Sensitivity to light, Skin lesions, dizziness, hair loss, chills, pain or difficulty in passing urine.
• Avoid Celzar injection in case of allergy to gemcitabine.
• Avoid Celzar drug during pregnancy, or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
• Patients with severe kidney or liver problems such as fibrosis, cirrhosis, and recent hepatitis should consult a doctor before taking Celzar, as the conditions may increase the risk of Celzar side effects.
• Avoid Celzar medicine with food, as it may interact and reduce its absorption.
• Consult the doctor in case of unusual bruising or bleeding, or signs of infection.
• Consult the doctor immediately in case of upper stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice, shortness of breath, dry cough, blood in your urine, or little or no urinating.
• Avoid pregnancy while on Celzar medication. Celzar use by either parent may cause birth defects.
1. Is gemcitabine safe in children to treat psoriasis? No. Gemcitabine is recommended in children only for cancer chemotherapy.
2. Is it safe to drive after taking gemcitabine medication? No. If may feel dizzy, tired, or get a blurred vision after taking gemcitabine. So avoid driving or operating heavy machinery.
3. Is gemcitabine safe to take with antibiotics? No. gemcitabine interacts with few antibiotics such as amoxicillin or Bactrim. Always consult your doctor before taking the medications.
4. Is it safe to take alcohol when on gemcitabine medication? No. Alcohol can increase the risk of liver damage when taken with gemcitabine.
5. I am done with the treatment of gemcitabine month ago. Is it safe to plan for pregnancy now? No. Gemcitabine use by either parent may cause birth defects. Do not plan for pregnancy for at least 90 days.