Cepime O 50 Mg Dry Syrup 30 Ml
Cefpodoxime is used to treat mild to moderate infections related to skin and soft tissue, which are usually caused by bacteria. Cefpodoxime is also used for treating the inflammation of throat. Cefpodoxime is used to treats bacterial infections of UTI and the sexually transmitted disease like gonorrhea.
How does the drug work?
Cefpodoxime is a cephalosporin antibiotic. Cefpodoxime bactericidal action is by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria. The active metabolite of cefpodoxime binds to penicillin binding protein 3 and inhibits the production of peptidoglycan, which is essential for the formation of the cell wall.
What are the common side effect?
The major cefpodoxime side effects are diarrhea, loose stools, and allergic reactions like skin rashes, hives. cefpodoxime side effects may also include breathing problems, feeling tired, headache, nausea, and vomiting.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Does cefpodoxime treat viral infections? No, cefpodoxime treats bacterial infections.
2. I am suffering from cold and flu. Can I use cefpodoxime to treat my condition? No, cefpodoxime is not reported to treat cold and flu.
3. I am on cefpodoxime antibiotic since 4 days. I am experiencing diarrhea. Shall I stop using cefpodoxime medication? Mild diarrhea is common with the cefpodoxime antibiotic. Do not stop the medication without consulting the doctor.
4. What are the effects of cefpodoxime in pregnant women? cefpodoxime is safe during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before using the medicine.
5. How to take cefpodoxime medicine? cefpodoxime medicine is preferred to take with food, as food enhances the levels of cefpodoxime tablets and increases its absorption in the body.