Cepodem 50 Mg Tablet Dt 10
Cefpodoxime is used to treat mild to moderate infections caused by bacteria. The infections such as skin or soft tissue infection, inflammation of throat can be treated with cefpodoxime. Cefpodoxime is used to treat urinary tract infections caused by bacteria and the sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea.
How does the drug work?
Cefpodoxime is a cephalosporin antibiotic. Cefpodoxime bactericidal action involve inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria. The active metabolite of cefpodoxime binds to the penicillin binding protein 3 and inhibits the production of peptidoglycan, which is essential for the formation of the cell wall.
What are the common side effect?
The major cefpodoxime side effects are diarrhea, loose stools, and allergic reactions like skin rashes, hives. Cefpodoxime side effects may also include breathing problems, feeling tired, headache, nausea, and vomiting.
• Long-term use of Cepodem drug may result in secondary infections. Consult your doctor about the Cepodem dosage and duration of Cepodem usage.
• The patient should make sure to use cefpodoxime medicine for the entire course of treatment to clear the infection completely.
• Cepodem tablet may interact with antacids, diuretics, and medications related to ulcers. Discuss with the doctor before using the tablet Cepodem.
• Do not use any birth control pills, patch or rings while using Cepodem antibiotic, as contraceptives decrease the effect of Cepodem tablet.
• If you are scheduled for laboratory tests such as urine glucose test or Coomb’s test, stop using cefpodoxime medicine 5-6 days before the scheduled date.
1. Does cefpodoxime treat viral infections? No, cefpodoxime treats only bacterial infections.
2. I am suffering from cold and flu. Can I use cefpodoxime to treat my condition? No, cefpodoxime is not effective against cold and flu.
3. I am on cefpodoxime antibiotic since 4 days. I am experiencing diarrhea. Shall I stop using cefpodoxime medication? Mild diarrhea is common with cefpodoxime antibiotic. Do not stop the medication without consulting the doctor.
4. What are the effects of Cepodem in pregnant women? cefpodoxime is safe during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before using the medicine.
5. How to take cefpodoxime medicine? cefpodoxime medicine should be taken with food, as food enhances the levels of cefpodoxime tablets and increases its absorption in the body.