Cernos Depot 1000 MG Injection 4 ML
Testosterone is a sex hormone. Its supplement forms are used to treat its deficiency in males. It is given to treat delay in puberty and impotence in males. In females, testosterone injection helps to treat breast cancer which has spread to the other parts.
Mode of drug action :
Testosterone is similar to the naturally produced sex hormone and thus, fulfils the adequacy.
What are the common side effects?
The side effects which are common with testosterone are breast swelling, increase in facial hair, pattern baldness, headache, anxiety, tingling, and numbness.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Males with breast cancer or prostate cancer and people with severe liver or kidney or heart problems should not take the Cernos Depot medicine.
• Pregnant women, those planning for pregnancy and lactating females should avoid the Cernos Depot use.
• Frequent monitoring of hemoglobin levels is required especially in children receiving the Cernos Depot.
• Consult the doctor if any signs of masculinity develop such as facial hair, deep voice, etc. with the use of the Cernos Depot.
• Taking the exact dose as instructed by the doctor can reduce the chances of Cernos Depot side effects.
• Bone growth should be checked for every 6 months in boys using Cernos Depot medication.
What else should I know?
1. Is testosterone a steroid drug? Yes. Testosterone is steroidal in nature like other androgens.
2. Can I take testosterone injection to build my muscles? Muscle weakness and loss of strength occur with testosterone deficiency and can be treated by giving the testosterone injection. However, consult a doctor before taking this injection.
3. Can I take testosterone if I have high blood pressure? No. Do not take testosterone if your blood pressure is high as it can get worsened with this medicine.
4. How is the testosterone injection given? Testosterone injection is given into a muscle by a health care provider, usually for every 2-4 weeks.
5. Can I use testosterone to improve athletic performance? Testosterone does not improve athletic performance and should not be used for this purpose.