Certican 0.25 MG Tablet 10
Everolimus is used in the treatment of various types of cancers such as breast cancer, lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, and kidney cancer.
Mode of drug action :
Everolimus works by suppressing the activity of the body's immune system and thus it helps in preventing the rejection of the transplanted organ.
What are the common side effects?
The common side effects of everolimus include fever, cough, weakness, fatigue, diarrhea, infection of the ear and upper respiratory tract infection.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Unsafe Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Safe Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Avoid Certican in case of allergy to any of its ingredients.
• Avoid Certican during pregnancy, or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
• Patients with severe kidney or liver problems such as fibrosis, cirrhosis, and recent hepatitis should consult a doctor before taking Certican.
• Avoid Certican with food, as it may interact and reduce its absorption.
• Consult the doctor in case of unusual bruising or bleeding, or signs of infection.
• Avoid being pregnant while on Certican medication. Certican use by either parent may cause birth defects.
What else should I know?
1. How to take everolimus capsule? Take the everolimus capsule with meals and not on empty stomach.
2. What tests should I undergo while using everolimus? You should undergo regular tests to check your liver functioning while using everolimus.
3. Can I operate machinery while using everolimus? Do not operate machinery while using everolimus due to the possibility of severe drowsiness and dizziness with the medicine.
4. What is the everolimus dose in adults? The dose of everolimus is usually based on the type and severity of cancer. Take the exact dose as prescribed by your doctor.
5. Can I take everolimus during pregnancy? Please consult your doctor before taking everolimus as it may affect the growing fetus.