Cetaphil Os Lotion 60 Ml
Cetyl alcohol is used as a moisturizer to treat and prevent dry and rough skin. It is also used for itchy skin and minor skin irritations.
How does the drug work?
Cetyl alcohol is an emollient that moisturizes the dry skin. Dry skin is caused due to the loss of water from the upper layer of the skin. Cetyl alcohol works by forming an oily layer on the top of the skin that prevents the water to get evaporated from skin. It retains moisture of the skin.
What are the common side effect?
Cetyl alcohol is safe and effective with no side effects. But it may sometimes cause burning, stinging, redness, or irritation.
• Do not use Cetaphil lotion if an allergic reaction (which is rare) was seen with any of its ingredients in the past.
• Check if your skin turns sensitive to the sun when Cetaphil medication is applied. Take necessary precautions accordingly.
• Cetaphil drug may worsen acne. So, people who are more prone to acne outbreaks should use Cetaphil lotion with caution.
• Due to the unknown safety of the Cetaphil medicine for pregnant women, a doctor’s advice is needed before its use.
• Use of Cetaphil is restricted to external purpose only.
1. Is cetyl alcohol used for diaper rash? Yes, cetyl alcohol is used for diaper rash.
2. Does it from soggy skin? Yes, Cetyl alcohol may form soft and soggy skin. Seek medical advice to overcome this side effect.
3. How often should I use it? Usage and frequency of application depend on the product and your skin application.
4. How to apply Cetyl alcohol medicament? Before using it shake the container well. Apply on the infected skin. Avoid applying to sensitive areas like eyes and mouth.
5. I am allergic to glycerin. Can I use Cetyl alcohol drug? Cetyl alcohol may or may not contain glycerin, talk to the pharmacist to know about the ingredients of the drug.