Cetcip-L 5 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Cipla Ltd.
Strength: 5 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets per strip
Drug type: Systemic antihistamines
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Allergic symptoms
What is Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet?
Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet is a systemic antihistamine drug which is used to treat allergic symptoms.
Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet is an antihistamine & antiallergic drug used for the treatment of allergic symptoms.
How Does the Drug Work?
Levocetirizine is a competitive histamine H1-receptor antagonist on effector cells in the blood vessels, GI tract and respiratory tract. It works by inhibiting the effects of a histamine in the body.
Common Side Effects of Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet
- Blurred vision
How to Use Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet?
Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medication may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet
- Do not take Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- The pregnant and lactating women should take this medication on doctor’s advice.
- Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet may cause sleepiness as its side effect. Avoid using heavy machinery and driving while taking this medication.
- Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients at risk of convulsions disease and epileptic patients.
- Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable before alcohol consumption during the treatment with Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet as it may cause difficulty in concentrating dizziness and impairment in thinking.
Contraindications while using Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet
- This medicine is contraindicated in the patients with renal impairment.
- This medicine is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity to levocetirizine.
Possible drug interactions of Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet with other drugs
- The use of Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet is advised against in those concurrently using CNS depressants, tranquilizers and sedatives as it may cause additive effect.
- The consumption of high-fat meal along with this medication may reduce the peak plasma concentration.
Store this medication at room temperature (between 25-30°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as supportive and symptomatic medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- How does Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet work?
Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet is a competitive histamine H1-receptor antagonist on effector cells in the blood vessels, GI tract and respiratory tract. It works by inhibiting the effects of a histamine in the body hence used to treat allergy symptoms.
- Is Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet safe during pregnancy and lactation?
The pregnant and breast-feeding women should use Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet as prescribed by the doctor.
- What are the side effects of Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet?
The common side effects of Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet include diarrhea, vomiting, headache, drowsiness, dizziness and difficulty in urination.
- How often can I take Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet?
Cetcip-L 5 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.