Cetiriz 10 MG Tablet 10
Cetirizine uses include relief from running nose, cold or allergy symptoms, itching eyes, and nose. Cetirizine is used to treat swelling and itching caused by hives.
Mode of drug action :
Cetirizine is a histamine receptor blocker which is used to treat allergic symptoms. H1 receptor sites are present on T-cells, B-cells, and monocytes. Stimulation of H1 receptors leads to the sign and symptoms associated with inflammation. Cetirizine blocks naturally occurring histamine that causes allergic reactions.
What are the common side effects?
The common cetirizine side effects are drowsiness, dry mouth, stomach pain mainly in children, and severe dizziness. Cetirizine may also cause a sore throat, cough, constipation, and headache.
Pregnancy: Safe under medical guidance Breast feeding: Safe under medical guidance Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Do not take Cetiriz if there are any signs of allergies to cetirizine or any of the ingredients of Cetiriz.
• Cetiriz can be taken with or without food. Cetiriz is available in different dosage forms.
• Do not take alcohol with Cetiriz. Consumption of alcohol increases the risk of Cetiriz side effects.
• Do not use other sedatives such as narcotics, muscle relaxants, as they may cause more drowsiness.
• Do not perform tasks, which require alertness. Cetiriz impairs thinking ability and cause dizziness.
• Diabetic patients should take Cetiriz medication with caution. Consult the doctor before taking the Cetiriz medicine.
What else should I know?
1. What happens if I take an overdose of cetirizine? Over dosage of cetirizine causes restlessness, nervousness or heavy drowsiness.
2. I am on herbal medications. Can I use cetirizine? Cetirizine reactions with herbal products are not known. However, discuss with your doctor before taking cetirizine.
3. What is the cetirizine dose for adults? Cetirizine dosage and cetirizine uses may differ from person to person. Consult your doctor and use cetirizine as prescribed.
4. Are there any specific storage conditions for cetirizine? Cetirizine should be stored at 20-250c. Do not refrigerate. Keep away from the reach of infants.
5. Is cetirizine used as a decongestant? No, cetirizine is an antihistamine drug.