Cf Xim 50 Mg Dry Syrup 30 Ml
Cefixime is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It is used in the treatment of bacterial infections, particularly those of the ear, nose, throat (tonsillitis, pharyngitis), sinuses (sinusitis), urinary system (cystitis) etc. It is also a treatment for gonorrhea and throat infection. Cefixime is not useful for treating viral infections.
How does the drug work?
Cefixime is a third generation cephalosporin. The bactericidal action of cefixime is because of the inhibition of the cell wall synthesis. In this process the active ingredient, cefixime binds to one of the PBPs (penicillin binding protein) and inhibits the final step that forms the cell wall. The inhibition of the formation of cell wall results in the death of the bacterial cell.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of cefixime antibiotic include abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain, indigestion, hypertensive reactions, headache, itching, vaginal infection, vomiting and allergic skin rash. One may also experience shortness of breath and difficulty in swallowing.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How long do I need to use cefixime tablet? Usually, antibiotics are prescribed for 5 to 7 days. Please consult your doctor to check how long you need to take cefixime antibiotic.
2. Are there any cefixime side effects? Yes, cefixime causes most common side effects like gastrointestinal irritation, diarrhea, vomiting, loose stools, dyspepsia (indigestion), abdominal pain etc.
3. Is cefixime a drug to treat a sore throat? Cefixime is an antibiotic which acts against a variety of bacteria. It is used to treat acute bacterial infections such as a sore throat, difficulty in swallowing etc.
4. Can I take cefixime for kidney infection treatment? Yes, cefixime antibiotic is usually recommended by the doctor for the treatment of kidney infections but the dose and duration of the medication depend on the type of the infection, your age, and your kidney function.
5. What is the cefixime dose in treating bacterial infections? The usual dose prescribed is 1-2 tablets each day but your doctor may prescribe a lower dose in case of any kidney problems. It is always better to consult your doctor before taking any medication.