Cfa (Clyde Biotech) 5 Mg Tablet 10
Folic acid is prescribed for the treatment of megaloblastic anemia, folic acid deficiency and macrolytic anemia. It is used to treat and prevent folic acid deficiency diseases. It is prescribed during pregnancy to promote the development of fetal brain and spinal cord and prevent the birth defects such as spina bifida. It helps to prevent diseases such as colon cancer, cervical cancer, heart diseases and stoke. Folic acid is prescribed to prevent memory loss in the patients with Alzheimer’s disease. It is also used to treat gum infections.
How does the drug work?
Folic acid is required for the proper development of the body. It plays a major role in the formation of genetic material - DNA. Folic acid present in the dietary substances is converted to tetrahydrofolic acid and methyltetrahydrofolate in the presence of the enzyme dihydrofolate reductase. Folic acid takes part in erythopoiesis and produces red blood cells. It also plays a role in the synthesis of nucleic acids. Folic acid along with vitamin B12 causes remethylation of homocysteine to methonine and helps to maintain the normal levels of homocysteine.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects reported by the individuals taking folic acid are fever, reddened skin, shortness of breath, skin rash or itching, tightness in chest, troubled breathing, wheezing, and general weakness or discomfort.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is it necessary to take folic acid supplements during pregnancy? Yes, most of the times folic acid supplements are prescribed to pregnant women as it prevents neural tube defects in the fetus and enhances the development of brain in the fetus. However, consult your physician to know the right dose and about the safe use of the drug.
2. Is folic acid used for the treatment of anemia? Yes. Folic acid plays a role in the formation of new red blood cells and is used for the treatment of folic acid deficiency anemia.
3. Which food substances are the rich sources of folic acid? Spinach, broccoli, pulses and sunflower seeds are the rich sources of folic acid.
4. Can I take any other medications along with folic acid supplements? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.
5. How should I take folic acid supplements? You should take folic acid supplements every day after meals. Follow the instructions given by your physician or the manufacturer for safe use.