Cholergol Tablet 10
Nicergoline is used in the treatment of Raynaud's disease, migraine, dementia, transient ischemia, platelet hyper-aggregability, and macular degeneration.
Mode of drug action :
Nicergoline works by reducing vascular resistance and improves the flow of blood through the arteries. Thus, it relieves pain.
What are the common side effects?
The side effects of nicergoline include fatigue, nausea, vomiting, hot flushes, dizziness, and sleep disturbance.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Unsafe Liver dysfunction: Unsafe
Special precautions for safe use
• Avoid Cholergol tablet if any allergic reactions are seen in the past to any of its ingredients.
• People with heart failure and liver disease should take the drug with caution.
• Do not take over-the-counter medicines along with tab Cholergol without asking a doctor or pharmacist.
• Cholergol drug might interact with certain foods that may decrease or increase its action.
• Do not drink alcohol while taking Cholergol as it can further lower the blood pressure and increase the Cholergol side effects.
• Pregnant women should not take Cholergol drug.
• Do not discontinue the use of Cholergol unless told by the doctor.
What else should I know?
1. Can I take bosentan while using nicergoline medicine? No, patients should not take bosentan with nicergoline unless advised by the doctor.
2. I experience nausea while taking nicergoline drug. Can I discontinue it? Occurrence of the nausea is one of the side effects of nicergoline. Consult the doctor if the side effect worsens.
3. I am scheduled for an abdominal surgery. Can I take nicergoline drug? Consult your doctor to know the risks and benefits of the drug.
4. What should I do if I miss a dose? If you forget to take the medication at the usual time, you must take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, you must skip the missed dose. Do not take double dose.
5. How to use nicergoline? Take nicergoline after having food at the same time each day.