Choragon 5000 Iu Injection 1 Ml
Human chorionic gonadotropin, i.e. HCG is given to treat hypogonadism in males (i.e. a decrease in male hormone) and infertility in females (i.e. inability to become pregnant).
How does the drug work?
Human chorionic gonadotropin acts by stimulating the production of gonadal steroid hormone. In males, it stimulates the testes to produce androgens and in females, it stimulates the ovaries to produce progesterone.
What are the common side effect?
The side effects which are common with the use of human chorionic gonadotropin are injection site pain and swelling, headache, fatigue, restlessness, and irritability.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Should I eat before taking the human chorionic gonadotropin injection? You may take the human chorionic gonadotropin injection with or without food.
2. Is HCG effective if my sperm count is low? Yes. HCG helps to increase low sperm count in men.
3. How is the human chorionic gonadotropin injection given? The human chorionic gonadotropin injection is given into a muscle or under the skin by a healthcare professional.
4. How to store the mixed medicine? Use the medicine immediately after mixing otherwise store it in a refrigerator until use. Discard the left out medicine after 30 days if unused.
5. What to do if I miss a dose of HCG injection? Call up for medical help if you miss a dose of HCG injection.