Ciclohale 80 Mg Inhaler 120 Mdi
Ciclesonide USES include the treatment of asthma. It is also used for the prevention and treatment of certain allergies that affect nose, throat and lungs. Ciclesonide are also used for treating croup in children, ulcerative colitis in adults, nasal polyps and Crohn’s disease.
How does the drug work?
Ciclesonide medication belongs to the class of drugs, called corticosteroids. Ciclesonide controls the rate of protein synthesis. It helps in inhibiting the polymorphonuclear leukocytes, fibroblasts, capillary permeability and lysosomal stabilization. These actions of ciclesonide are responsible for controlling and preventing the inflammation that occurs in the asthma and other allergic conditions of airways.
What are the common side effect?
The side effects ciclesonide include anxiety, belching, cataract, sleeping disorders, glaucoma, behavioral disturbances, Cushing’s syndrome, adrenal suppression, heartburn, indigestion, irritation, restlessness, and blemishes.
• Use of Ciclohale is contraindicated in the patients with conditions such as cataract, cardiovascular disease, seizures diabetes mellitus, and peptic ulcers.
• While on Ciclohale one must eat small quantity and more frequent meals and drink plenty of water or fluids.
• Ciclohale drug must be taken with food to avoid gastric irritation. Discontinue the medication in case of any allergic reactions.
• Do not discontinue Ciclohale medication abruptly; to avoid the side effects the doctor would taper the dose slowly.
• Report the doctor in case of any side effects of Ciclohale such as chest tightness or difficulty in breathing after taking it.
• The drug use may be unsafe during pregnancy or breast feeding. Therefore, discuss with the doctor before using the drug.
• While using Ciclohale rotacap regular monitoring of blood pressure, serum glucose levels, signs and symptoms of adrenal suppression is recommended.
1. Can I take ciclesonide with carbamazepine? No. Ciclesonide makes carbamazepine less effective. Therefore avoid concomitant use of both the drugs. Talk to the doctor for further advice.
2. Do I gain weight with the use of ciclesonide? Yes, weight gain is common with the use of ciclesonide. You may also experience facial hair growth, and hair loss. Consult your doctor in case of such symptoms.
3. Is ciclesonide used for relief of acute bronchospasm? No. Ciclesonide is not indicated for acute bronchospasm.
4. Is ciclesonide used in infants? Yes, ciclesonide is used in the children and infants for the treatment of acute larnyngotracheobronchitis.
5. Can I drive after taking ciclesonide dose? No. Ciclesonide may cause drowsiness or dizziness. Therefore, avoid the activities that require alertness.