Cilday 5 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd.
Strength: 5 mg
Drug type: Calcium Antagonists
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: High blood pressure
What is Cilday 5 mg Tablet?
Cilday 5 mg Tablet is the calcium channel blocker which is used for the lowering of high blood pressure.
Cilday 5 mg Tablet is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension).
How Does the Drug Work?
Cilnidipine is a calcium-channel blocker which works by preventing cellular influx of calcium ions and leading to the vasodilatation. Hence, lowers the high blood pressure.
Common Side Effects of Cilday 5 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Cilday 5 mg Tablet
- GI disturbance
How to Use Cilday 5 mg Tablet?
Cilday 5 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. It should be taken with or without food.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Cilday 5 mg Tablet
- Do not take Cilday 5 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- Pregnant and lactating women should take this medication on doctor’s advice.
- Cilday 5 mg Tablet may cause dizziness as its side effect. Avoid driving and using heavy machinery while taking this medication.
Contraindications while using Cilday 5 mg Tablet
- Alcohol consumption Is not advisable during the treatment with Cilday 5 mg Tablet as it may cause an additional lowering of the blood pressure.
- Cilday 5 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with cardiac shock and myocardial infraction.
- This medication is contraindicated in patients with severe aortic stenosis.
Possible drug interactions of Cilday 5 mg Tablet with other drugs
- The use of Cilday 5 mg Tablet is advised against in those concurrently using other antihypertensives and antipsychotics to avoid additive hypotensive effects.
- Concomitant treatment with rifampicin may lead to reduced plasma levels.
Store this medication at room temperature (between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in the case of an overdose.
- How often can I take Cilday 5 mg Tablet?
Cilday 5 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- How does Cilday 5 mg Tablet work?
Cilday 5 mg Tablet is a calcium-channel blocker which works by preventing cellular influx of calcium ions and leading to the vasodilatation. Hence, lowers the high blood pressure.
- Can I take Cilday 5 mg Tablet with vitamins?
Cilday 5 mg Tablet may be taken with vitamins as no adverse drug reaction have been reported between the two. However prior consultation to your doctor is advisable before taking this combination of medicines.
- Can Cilday 5 mg Tablet be used for anxiety?
No, Cilday 5 mg Tablet is not indicated for the treatment of anxiety.