Cildip 5 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Medley Pharmaceuticals
Strength: 5 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Calcium channel blockers
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: High blood pressure
What is Cildip 5 mg Tablet?
Cildip 5 mg Tablet contains Cilnidipine as an active ingredient which is used to treat high blood pressure.
Cildip 5 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension).
How Does the Drug Work?
Cilnidipine is a calcium-channel blocker which works by preventing the entry of calcium ions in the vascular smooth muscle cells. Thereby causes relaxation of blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure.
Common Side Effects of Cildip 5 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Cildip 5 mg Tablet
- GI disturbance
How to Use Cildip 5 mg Tablet?
Cildip 5 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Cildip 5 mg Tablet
- Do not take Cildip 5 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- Cildip 5 mg Tablet may cause dizziness in some patients. Avoid driving and using heavy machinery while taking this medication.
- Before using this medication, notify your physician about your pre-existing diseases and current list of medications.
- Take this medicine at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
- Alcohol consumption Is not advisable during the treatment with Cildip 5 mg Tablet as it may have additive hypotensive effects.
Contraindications while using Cildip 5 mg Tablet
- The use of Cildip 5 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with cardiac shock or myocardial infraction.
- This medication is contraindicated to use for patients with severe aortic stenosis.
Possible drug interactions of Cildip 5 mg Tablet with other drugs
- Concomitant treatment with other antihypertensives and antipsychotics may cause additive hypotensive effects.
- Concomitant treatment with rifampicin may cause reduced plasma level of cilnidipine.
Warnings while using Cildip 5 mg Tablet
- This medication should be used with caution in the patients with impaired liver functions.
- Abrupt withdrawal of this medication is not advisable as it may increase the risk of side effects.
- Cildip 5 mg Tablet is not recommended for use in the pediatric population.
- This medication should be used with extreme caution in the patients having coronary artery disease.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Cildip 5 mg Tablet is not recommended for use during pregnancy and lactation. Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable in such cases.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in the case of an overdose.
- How does Cildip 5 mg Tablet work?
Cildip 5 mg Tablet is a calcium-channel blocker which works by preventing entry of calcium ions in the vascular smooth muscle cells. Thereby causes relaxation of blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure.
- Can I take Cildip 5 mg Tablet with multi-vitamin tablet?
Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable before taking this combination of medicines.
- How often can I take Cildip 5 mg Tablet?
Cildip 5 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Can Cildip 5 mg Tablet be used for anxiety?
No, Cildip 5 mg Tablet is not used in the treatment of anxiety. It is used for the treatment of high blood pressure (hypertension).