Cildip T 10/40 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Medley Pharmaceuticals
Composition: Telmisartan (40 mg) + Cilnidipine (10 mg)
Strength: 50 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Angiotensin II antagonists and Calcium antagonists
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: High blood pressure
What is Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet?
Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet contains the combination of Telmisartan and Cilnidipine which is used to treat high blood pressure.
Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of hypertension (High blood pressure).
How Does the Drug Work?
Telmisartan inhibits the binding of a chemical messenger- Angiotensin II to AT1 receptors and causes vasodilation. Cilnidipine is a calcium-channel blocker which works by preventing cellular influx of calcium ions. Thus, reduces the blood pressure.
Common Side Effects of Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet
- Decreased sodium level in blood
- Low blood pressure
- Abdominal pain
- Stomach upset
How to Use Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet?
Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medication may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet
- Do not take Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medicine.
- Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet may cause dizziness. Avoid using heavy machinery and driving while taking this medication.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with this medicine as it may cause additive hypotensive effect.
Contraindications while using Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet
- The use of this medication is contraindicated in the patients with renal impairment and diabetes.
- Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet should be avoided in case of having medical history of severe hepatic impairment.
Possible drug interactions of Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet with other compounds
- Concomitant treatment with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) may decrease hypotensive effect of the medication.
- Concomitant treatment with potassium containing supplements may Increase risk of hyperkalaemia.
- Concomitant treatment with aliskiren in the patients with kidney diseases may increase hypotensive and nephrotoxic effect.
Warnings while using Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet
- Abrupt withdrawal of this medication is not advisable as it may increase the risk of side effects.
- Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet is not recommended for use in the pediatric population.
- This medication should be used with extreme caution in the patients having coronary artery diseases.
- Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet should be used with caution in the patients with aortic or mitral stenosis and obstructive biliary disease.
- This medicine should be used with caution in the elderly patients.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet is not recommended for use during pregnancy and lactation. Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable in such cases.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and moisture.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- What is Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet used for?
Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension (High blood pressure).
- How often can I take Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet?
Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Can I take Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet with ibuprofen?
Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet may show adverse effects if concomitantly used with ibuprofen. It is advisable to consult your doctor before taking these drugs in combination.
- Can I take Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Cildip T 10/40 mg Tablet is unsafe for using during pregnancy. Prior consultation to the doctor is advisable in such condition.