Cilobid 50 Mg Tablet 10
Cilostazol is used in the treatment of intermittent claudication due to peripheral vascular disease. It also prevents the stroke.
How does the drug work?
Cilostazol is a phosphodiesterase III inhibitor. Phosphodiesterase enzyme metabolizes cAMP. Inhibition of this enzyme increase cAMP levels that ultimately lead to increase in protein kinase (PKA). PKA inhibit the contraction of smooth muscles, thus exhibiting the vasodilatory effect.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of cilostazol are diarrhea, abdominal pain, headache, abnormal heart rate, palpitations, nausea, dry mouth, and dizziness.
• Take the Cilobid tablet 30 min before or 2 hrs after a meal.
• Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as Cilobid can cause dizziness.
• Use of Cilobid tablet id contraindicated in patients with congestive heart failure.
• Do not use if there is a hypersensitivity to Cilobid medicine or any components of it.
• Use with caution in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
1. What is the dosage of cilostazol? The initial dosage of cilostazol is 100 mg twice a day.
2. Can I use duloxetine along with cilostazol? Cilostazol inhibits platelet aggregation. Use of duloxetine, an antiplatelet along with this drug increases the risk of bleeding.
3. Is cilostazol an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor? No. Cilostazol is an antiplatelet medication that works by improving blood flow.
4. Is cilostazol safe? Cilostazol tablet is safe if taken in prescribed doses.
5. Is cilostazol FDA approved? Cilostazol drug is FDA approved for the treatment of intermittent claudication.