Cinod 20 MG Tablet 15
Uses :Cilnidipine is used for management of hypertension (high blood pressure).
Mode of drug action
Cilnidipine is a calcium channel blocker. It blocks the influx of calcium ions and blocks the activity of calcium channels in the muscles of the blood vessel and heart. This causes the relaxation of blood vessels that facilitates easy flow of blood against reduced resistance. It also increases the supply of oxygen to the heart muscles.
What are the common side effects?
The most common side effects of cilnidipine are loss of vision, depression, abnormal liver function test, dizziness, eye pain, fever, flushing, gingival hyperplasia, low blood pressure, headache, and muscle pain.
Special precautions for safe use
• Take Cinod tablet at a fixed time daily to avail maximum benefits of the drug.
• Individuals with ischemic pain should not take the Cinod drug, as the pain may become worse.
• Do not stop Cinod medication abruptly, slowly wean off the drug under medical supervision.
• Patients with hypotension, heart failure, and poor cardiac reserve should not take Cinod tablet, as it exacerbates the side effects of Cinod tablet.
• Do not use other hypertensive drugs or antipsychotic drugs that cause hypotension, while on Cinod tablet.
• Women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, and breastfeeding women should consult the doctor before using Cinod tablet.
• Individuals may feel dizzy or drowsy while on Cinod tablet, do not perform heavy tasks that need alertness such as driving.
What else should I know?
1. How long should I use cilnidipine tablet? The duration of the treatment will be suggested by the doctor depending on the patient’s health condition.
2. Should I take Nexovas tablet with or without food? Nexovas tablet should be taken after food to avoid stomach upset.
3. Does Nexovas medicine cause addiction? No, it does not cause any addiction.
4. Does cilnidipine cause kidney damage? Prolonged use of the cilnidipine drug causes kidney damage.
5. Does cilnidipine cause impotence? Cilnidipine is reported to cause impotence, talk to your doctor before using the drug.