Cintapro Od Sr 3 MG Tablet 10
Cinitapride is used for treatment of symptoms such as heartburn and indigestion which may occur due to overactive digestive tract.
Mode of drug action :
Cinitapride works by increasing the motility of the intestine. Thus, it relieves the symptoms such as heartburn and indigestion.
What are the common side effects?
The common side effects of cinitapride include headache, nausea, and diarrhea.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Unsafe Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Take Cintapro OD SR 15 to 30 minutes before meals.
• Avoid the drug in patients who are allergic to cinitapride or similar drugs.
• Inform the doctor if the patient has any history of gastrointestinal bleeding, tear, obstruction, or movement disorder.
• Be cautious if the drug is given to elderly as it may increase the risk of movement disorder.
What else should I know?
1. Is it safe to take the drug during pregnancy? The safe use of cinitapride during pregnancy is not yet established. Consult the doctor before using the drug during pregnancy.
2. Can I consume alcohol while on cinitapride? No, do not consume alcohol while taking cinitapride as it may increase the risk of side effects.
3. Is it safe to drive while taking cinitapride? Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking cinitapride.
4. Is it safe to use the drug in elderly? Caution should exercised while using cinitapride in older adults as it may lead to certain complications.
5. Can i alter the dose of cinitapride? No, do not alter the dose of the drug unless recommended by the doctor.