Cintigo 25 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
Strength: 25 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Antivertigo Drugs
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Vertigo, Motion sickness
What is Cintigo 25 mg Tablet?
Cintigo 25 mg Tablet contains Cinnarizine as an active ingredient which is used in the treatment of vertigo and motion sickness.
Cintigo 25 mg Tablet is used for the treatment of vertigo and motion sickness.
How Does the Drug Work?
Cinnarizine inhibits the narrowing of the blood vessels in the inner ear and thus improves the blood flow. Thus, improves the symptoms of vertigo and motion sickness.
Common Side Effects of Cintigo 25 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Cintigo 25 mg Tablet
- Weight gain
- Stomach discomfort
How to Use Cintigo 25 mg Tablet?
Cintigo 25 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine should be taken with food.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Cintigo 25 mg Tablet
- Do not take Cintigo 25 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medicine.
- Take this medicine at the fixed dose and duration as advised by your physician.
- Before using this medication, notify your physician about your current list of medications, pre-existing diseases and current health conditions such as low or high blood pressure etc.
- Cintigo 25 mg Tablet may cause sleepiness in some patients. Avoid driving and using heavy machinery while taking this medication.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with Cintigo 25 mg Tablet as it may cause additive effects such as calmness and sleepiness.
Contraindications while using Cintigo 25 mg Tablet
- Cintigo 25 mg Tablet is contraindicated for use in the patients with hypersensitivity to this medicine.
Possible drug interactions of Cintigo 25 mg Tablet with other drugs
- Concomitant treatment with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) may increase the effects of this medication.
- Concomitant treatment with CNS depressants may cause additive effects.
- Concomitant treatment with amitriptyline is not recommended if you are on Cintigo 25 mg Tablet.
Warnings while using Cintigo 25 mg Tablet
- This medication should be used with special caution in the patients with hypotension.
- This medication should be used with extreme caution in the patients with Parkinson's disease.
- Cintigo 25 mg Tablet should be used with caution in the patients with kidney or liver disease.
- Special caution should be taken in the elderly patients.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Cintigo 25 mg Tablet may be unsafe for use in the pregnant and lactating women. Prior consultation to the doctor is required in such cases.
Store this medication at room temperature. Keep away from sunlight, moisture and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- What are the side effects of Cintigo 25 mg Tablet?
The common side effects of Cintigo 25 mg Tablet include headache, sleepiness, nausea, stomach discomfort and weight gain.
- How often can I take Cintigo 25 mg Tablet?
Cintigo 25 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and fixed duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Can I take alcohol while using Cintigo 25 mg Tablet?
Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with Cintigo 25 mg Tablet as it may cause additive sedative effect.
- Can I take Cintigo 25 mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Cintigo 25 mg Tablet may be unsafe for use in the pregnant women. Prior consultation to the doctor is required in such condition.