Cipmox 500 MG Capsule
Manufactured by: Cipla Ltd.
Strength: 500 mg
Pack size: 10 Capsules
Drug type: Antibiotics
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Bacterial infections
What is Cipmox 500 mg Capsule?
Cipmox 500 mg Capsule contains Amoxicillin as an active ingredient which is used to treat bacterial infections.
Cipmox 500 mg Capsule is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Does the Drug Work?
Amoxicillin works by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis. Thus, causes bacterial cell death.
Common Side Effects of Cipmox 500 mg Capsule:
List of major side effects of Cipmox 500 mg Capsule
- Joint pain
- Skin yellowing
- Easy bruising and bleeding
- Tooth discoloration
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
How to Use Cipmox 500 mg Capsule?
Cipmox 500 mg Capsule is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine may be taken with or without food as prescribed by your doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Cipmox 500 mg Capsule
- Do not take Cipmox 500 mg Capsule if you are allergic to this medicine.
- Before using this medication, notify your physician about your current list of medications and health conditions such as low or high blood pressure etc.
- Take this medicine at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Prior consult to your doctor before consumption of alcohol during the treatment with Cipmox 500 mg Capsule.
List of contraindications while using Cipmox 500 mg Capsule
- The use of Cipmox 500 mg Capsule is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity to this medication.
Possible drug interactions of Cipmox 500 mg Capsule with other drugs
- Concomitant treatment with probenecid can increase plasma concentration of amoxicillin.
- Concomitant treatment with allopurinol may increase allergic reaction.
- Concomitant use of oral oestrogen contraceptives can reduce the efficacy of amoxicillin.
Warnings while using Cipmox 500 mg Capsule
- This medication may cause diarrhea in some patients. Special precaution should be taken in such condition.
- This medicine should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Cipmox 500 mg Capsule may be unsafe for use during pregnancy and lactation. The pregnant and lactating women should take this medication on doctor’s advice.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- Can I take Cipmox 500 mg Capsule while taking food?
Yes, Cipmox 500 mg Capsule may be taken with or without food as prescribed by your doctor.
- What are the side effects of Cipmox 500 mg Capsule?
The common side effects of Cipmox 500 mg Capsule include nausea, allergic reaction, vomiting, diarrhoea, fever and joint pain.
- How often can I take Cipmox 500 mg Capsule?
Cipmox 500 mg Capsule should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Is Cipmox 500 mg Capsule safe to use during pregnancy?
The pregnant women should use Cipmox 500 mg Capsule on doctor’s advice.