Ciprobid 500 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Zydus Cadila
Strength: 500 mg
Drug type: Antibiotics
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Bacterial infections
What is Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet?
Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet contains Ciprofloxacin as an active ingredient which is used for the treatment of bacterial infections.
Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet is used for treatment of bacterial infections.
How Does the Drug Work?
Ciprofloxacin works by inhibiting the bacterial enzymes DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV resulting to the inhibition of DNA replication. Thus, cause bacterial cell death.
Common Side Effects of Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet
- Abdominal pain
How to Use Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet?
Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medication may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet
- Do not use Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- Take Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet at the fixed dose and duration as advised by your physician.
- It may cause drowsiness as its side effect. Avoid using heavy machinery and driving while taking this medication.
- Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy and lactation. The pregnant and lactating women should use this medication under medical supervision.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with this medicine as it may cause CNS depressant effect.
- Avoid taking this medication with food containing caffeine.
Contraindications while using Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet
- Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity to ciprofloxacin.
Possible drug interactions of Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet with other drugs
- Concomitant treatment with corticosteroids may cause severe tendon disorders.
- Concomitant treatment with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) may Increase the risk of CNS stimulation.
- Concomitant treatment with antacids containing aluminium and magnesium hydroxide may reduce drug absorption
Store this medicine at room temperature. Keep away from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- How does Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet work?
Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet works by inhibiting the bacterial enzymes DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV resulting to the inhibition of DNA replication. Thus, cause bacterial cell death
- What are the side effects of Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet?
The common side effects of Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, confusion, drowsiness, dizziness and diarrhea.
- How often can I use Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet?
Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Can I take Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Ciprobid 500 mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. The pregnant women should use this medication under medical supervision.