Cita S 10 MG Tablet 10
The drug escitalopram uses include the treatment of depression; obsessive compulsive disorder; it is the choice of drug to treat anxiety and panic disorders.
Mode of drug action :
Escitalopram is an antidepressant. It is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Escitalopram helps to regulate the levels of serotonin in the brain and regulates the mood. Therefore, it is the commonly prescribed medication for depression and anxiety.
What are the common side effects?
Escitalopram side effects include sinusitis, nausea, loss or decreased appetite, drowsiness, diarrhea, increased sweating, constipation, sexual disturbances, heartburn, running nose, fatigue and fever.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Unsafe Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• The drug must be used with caution in the patients with history of epilepsy, liver disease or diabetes.
• Consult the doctor immediately in case of difficulty in urinating, fainting, irregular heartbeat, or yellowing of skin and eyes.
• Avoid activities such as driving as the drug may cause drowsiness and dizziness. The drug Cita S should be discontinued gradually so as to reduce the risk of rebound effects.
• The drug should be avoided in the patients who are allergic to it or to any other ingredients of the medication Cita S.
• Do not take alcohol with Cita S as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
• Avoid the drug during pregnancy and breast feeding.
What else should I know?
1. Is Escitalopram addictive? No. Using Escitalopram is not associated with any risk of addiction.
2. What is the maximum escitalopram dosage for anxiety per day? Usually, the maximum dosage of escitalopram per day for the treatment of depression is 20 mg. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
3. What are the risks associated with the use of drug? The drug may increase the risk of suicidal thoughts and disturbances in the behavior.
4. Can I give Escitalopram to my child who is 10-years-old? No. Escitalopram drug is not approved for the use in children below 12-years of age.
5. Do I loose hair with the use of escitalopram tablet? Yes. Hair loss is a rare side effect of escitalopram tablet.