Citisrin 500 Mg Tablet 10
Citicoline is used in the treatment of memory problems in elderly people. It helps to overcome the problems of memory loss in people aged above 50 and below 85 years. Thus, it is given for patients with Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson’s disease, and attention deficit-hyperactive disorder (ADHD). Citicoline use also helps in complete recovery after an ischemic stroke.
How does the drug work?
Citicoline action mainly includes increasing the synthesis of chemical compounds called phosphatidylcholine and acetylcholine which are required for repairing and regenerating the damaged neural membrane. It also increases the blood flow to the brain, thereby, improving the brain function.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of citicoline include sleeplessness, headache, low or high blood pressure, nausea, diarrhea, blurred vision and chest pain. These are experienced only by some patients taking citicoline.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. In how many days does a person recover from an ischemic stroke with citicoline? Usually, citicoline given within 12 hours after the stroke and daily once thereafter helps in recovery within 7 days.
2. What is the oral dose of citicoline for stroke due to a clot? The usual oral dose of citicoline for stroke due to a clot is 500-2000 mg per day. The first dose should be given within 24 hours of the stroke. This medication should be continued for 3 months for a complete recovery.
3. How should I store the citicoline tablets? Store the citicoline tablets in their original package at room temperature, away from moisture, heat, and light. Keep all the medicines out of reach and sight from children.
4. What is the dose of oral citicoline for Parkinson’s disease in adults? The usual oral dose of citicoline for Parkinson’s disease in adults is about 200-600 mg, to be taken in divided doses. Always consult a doctor to know the right dose for you.
5. Should I take citicoline with food? You may take the citicoline with or without food.