Clarie 250 Mg Tablet 2
Clarithromycin is used as an antibiotic for various bacterial skin infections, caused due to minor cuts, scrapes or burns.
How does the drug work?
Clarithromycin belongs to the class of macrolide antibiotic. Clarithromycin disturbs the production of bacterial proteins which are essential for their survival. Thus, kills the bacteria that cause bacterial skin infections.
What are the common side effect?
The most common side effects of clarithromycin include sensitization or allergic reactions which may cause skin redness, swelling or rash, irritation, burning. Hearing difficulty and decreased urination are also often observed with clarithromycin.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Are there any other side effects of clarithromycin? Yes, there are other side effects like drooping eyelids, increased production of liver enzyme, skin redness, numbness, ear damage etc.
2. Does clarithromycin cause ringing in ears? Yes, clarithromycin causes ringing in ears (tinnitus) which is one of the symptoms of ear damage.
3. Can I use clarithromycin as fairness cream? Clarithromycin is a steroid cream which also contains an antibiotic. Do not use this cream for face unless advised by the physician as it may damage the skin.
4. Can I use clarithromycin for the treatment of itchy skin rash? Clarithromycin is used for treating skin problems but consult your doctor before using the cream.
5. What should I do if I forget a dose? As soon as you remember, apply the missed dose. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with regular dosing. Avoid applying double dose to make up for a missed dose.