Clobakem 10 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
Strength: 10 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Anti-epileptics
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Epilepsy, Anxiety disorder
What is Clobakem 10 mg Tablet?
Clobakem 10 mg Tablet is the anti-epileptic medicine which is used in the treatment of epilepsy and anxiety disorder.
Clobakem 10 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of epilepsy and anxiety disorder.
How Does the Drug Work?
Clobazam works by increasing the function of a chemical messenger (Gamma-aminobutyric acid) and thus, decreasing the hyperactivity of nerve cells in the brain.
Common Side Effects of Clobakem 10 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Clobakem 10 mg Tablet
- Nausea and vomiting
- Uncontrolled body movements
How to Use Clobakem 10 mg Tablet?
Clobakem 10 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medication may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Clobakem 10 mg Tablet
- Do not take Clobakem 10 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- Clobakem 10 mg Tablet may cause sleepiness or drowsiness in some patients. Avoid using heavy machinery and driving in such condition.
- Abrupt withdrawal of this medication may increase the risk of side effects.
- Before using this medication, notify your physician about your pre-existing diseases, current list of medications and health conditions such as low or high blood pressure etc.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with this medicine as it may have additive CNS depressant effects.
List of contraindications while using Clobakem 10 mg Tablet
- The use of Clobakem 10 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with myasthenia gravis or acute respiratory insufficiency.
- This medication is not recommended for the patients with sleep apnoea syndrome.
- The use of Clobakem 10 mg Tablet is contraindicated for use during pregnancy and lactation.
Possible drug interactions of Clobakem 10 mg Tablet with other drugs
- Concomitant treatment with sedative or hypnotic drugs can cause additive depressant effects.
- Concomitant treatment with cimetidine may cause additive effects.
Warnings while using Clobakem 10 mg Tablet
- This medicine may cause suicidal thought and behaviour change of the patient. Immediately inform to your doctor if you notice such kind of change in thought process and behaviour.
- This medication should be used with caution in the patients with kidney or liver disease.
- This medicine should be used with caution in the elderly and debilitated patients.
- Special caution should be taken in the patients with depression.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Clobakem 10 mg Tablet is highly unsafe for use during pregnancy and lactation. Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable in such cases.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- Can I take Clobakem 10 mg Tablet with food?
Yes, Clobakem 10 mg Tablet may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
- How does Clobakem 10 mg Tablet work?
Clobakem 10 mg Tablet works by increasing the function of a chemical messenger-gamma-aminobutyric acid and thus, decreasing the hyperactivity of nerve cells in the brain.
- How often can I take Clobakem 10 mg Tablet?
Clobakem 10 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Can I take alcohol while using Clobakem 10 mg Tablet?
Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with Clobakem 10 mg Tablet as it may have additive CNS depressant effects.