Clomidep 25 MG Tablet 10
Clomipramine is used in the treatment of symptoms associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), which include repetitive actions.
Mode of drug action :
Clomipramine belongs to class of drugs called antidepressant drugs which balances the release of chemicals in the brain, thus, controlling the symptoms.
What are the common side effects?
The common side effects of clomipramine are nausea, dry mouth, stomach upset, anxiousness, dizziness, drowsiness, weight changes, memory problems, difficulty with sleep, excessive sweating, a decrease in sexual drive, tingling and numbness.
Pregnancy: Unsafe Breast feeding: Unsafe Alcohol: Unsafe Kidney dysfunction: Caution required Liver dysfunction: Caution required
Special precautions for safe use
• Avoid the Clomidep medicine if a history of allergic response was seen with clomipramine or other related drugs.
• Do not take the Clomidep medicine if a MAO inhibitor drug was taken in the past 14 days. This is to prevent a serious drug interaction.
• People with kidney, liver, heart, or mental diseases, glaucoma, thyroid problems, urinary problems, should tell the doctor before taking Clomidep medicine. The doctor may check the need for dosage adjustment or suggest altogether a different drug.
• Be very cautious to identify the signs of suicidal tendencies, which are quite common with Clomidep drug.
• Children and adolescents below 18 years should not take the medicine Clomidep.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women need a doctor’s advice before taking Clomidep medicine.
What else should I know?
1. How can I reduce stomach upset with clomipramine tablets? Stomach upset is one of the common side effects with the clomipramine tablets which can be reduced by taking the tablets with food.
2. How long will it take for clomipramine to show its action? Usually, it may take around 4 weeks for clomipramine to improve the symptoms of the treated condition.
3. Can I stop taking the clomipramine tablets if my symptoms improve? No. Do not suddenly stop taking the clomipramine tablets even if your symptoms improve. This is because of the risk of withdrawal effects with the drug.
4. Can I drive after taking the clomipramine tablets? No. It is better to avoid driving after taking the clomipramine tablets because of side effects such as impaired thinking and reaction with the drug.
5. What if I forget taking a dose of clomipramine tablet? Take the missed dose as soon as your remember. But if it is nearly time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with the following dose. Do not take a double dose.