Cofryl 25 MG Syrup 100 ML
Manufactured by: Cipla Ltd.
Strength: 25 mg
Pack size: 100 ml
Drug type: Systemic antihistamines
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Allergic symptoms
What is Cofryl 25 mg Syrup?
Cofryl 25 mg Syrup contains Diphenhydramine as an active ingredient which is used to treat allergic symptoms.
Cofryl 25 mg Syrup is used in the treatment of allergic symptoms.
How Does the Drug Work?
Diphenhydramine works by inhibiting the effects of histamine in the body. Thus, improves the allergic symptoms.
Common Side Effects of Cofryl 25 mg Syrup:
List of major side effects of Cofryl 25 mg Syrup
- Dry mouth
How to Use Cofryl 25 mg Syrup?
Before use, read the directions mentioned on the label of Cofryl 25 mg Syrup. Measure the prescribed amount with the measuring cup and take it by mouth by swallowing it completely. Shake the bottle before use. It may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Cofryl 25 mg Syrup
- Do not take Cofryl 25 mg Syrup if you are allergic to this medicine.
- Cofryl 25 mg Syrup may cause drowsiness as its side effect. Avoid using heavy machinery and driving while taking this medication.
- Before using this medication, notify your physician about your current list of medications, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions such as low or high blood pressure etc.
- Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable before alcohol consumption during the treatment with this medication as it may cause CNS depressant effect.
- Take this medicine at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by the doctor.
Contraindications while using Cofryl 25 mg Syrup
- The use of Cofryl 25 mg Syrup is contraindicated in the patients with hypersensitivity and intolerance to this medicine.
- This medicine is contraindicated for use in the patients with narrow angle glaucoma, peptic ulcer and prostatic hypertrophy.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in the lactating women.
Possible drug interactions of Cofryl 25 mg Syrup
- Concomitant treatment with CNS depressants such as hypnotics can cause additive effects.
- Concomitant treatment with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) may increase the anticholinergic effects.
Warnings while using Cofryl 25 mg Syrup
- This medication should be used with caution in the patients with kidney or liver disease.
- Cofryl 25 mg Syrup should be used with caution in the patients with seizure disorders.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Cofryl 25 mg Syrup may be unsafe for use during pregnancy and lactation. Prior consultation is advisable in such cases.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- How does Cofryl 25 mg Syrup work?
Cofryl 25 mg Syrup works by inhibiting the effects of histamine in the body. Thus, improves the allergic symptoms.
- What are the side effects of Cofryl 25 mg Syrup?
The common side effects of Cofryl 25 mg Syrup include nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness and drowsiness.
- Is Cofryl 25 mg Syrup safe for use in the breast feeding women?
The breast-feeding women should use Cofryl 25 mg Syrup on doctor’s advice.
- How often can I take Cofryl 25 mg Syrup?
Cofryl 25 mg Syrup should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.