Cognipride M 2 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Jubilant Life Sciences
Composition: Glimepiride (2 mg) + Metformin (500 mg)
Strength: 502 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Anti-diabetic agents
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Type 2 diabetes
What is Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet?
Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet is the combination of Glimepiride and Metformin which is used to treat type 2 diabetes.
Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How Does the Drug Work?
Glimepiride lowers the blood glucose level by stimulating the insulin secretion by the pancreas. Metformin decreases the hepatic glucose production and delays the intestinal absorption of glucose.
Common Side Effects of Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet
- Hypoglycaemia (Low blood sugar level)
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Upper respiratory tract infection
How to Use Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet?
Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine should be taken with food.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet
- Do not Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medicine.
- Patients are advised to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule during the treatment with this medicine to get the best effects.
- Before using this medication, notify your physician about your current list of medications and health conditions such as low or high blood pressure etc.
- Regular monitoring of blood sugar levels is recommended during the treatment period.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with this medicine as it may increase the risk of lactic acidosis.
List of contraindications while using Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet
- The use of Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet is contraindicated in the patients with impaired kidney functions, hypoglycaemia or metabolic acidosis.
- Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet is not recommended for use in the patients with diabetic ketoacidosis.
Possible drug interactions of Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet with other drugs
- Concomitant treatment with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), sulfonamides and salicylates may cause additive effects.
- Concomitant treatment with angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors may reduce fasting blood glucose concentrations.
- Concomitant treatment with cimetidine may increase the serum level of metformin.
- Concomitant treatment with colesevelam may increase the serum concentration of glimepiride.
Warnings while using Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet
- Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet should be used with caution in the patients with liver disease.
- This medicine should be used with extreme caution in the patients with vitamin B12 deficiency as the risk of side effects is higher in such patients.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet may be unsafe for use during pregnancy and lactation. The pregnant and lactating women should use this medicine under medical supervision.
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Symptoms of overdose may include severe hypoglycaemia where the patient may become unconscious. Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- What is insulin and what is it used for?
Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas that helps to control blood glucose level in body.
- What are the side effects of Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet?
The common side effects of Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet include hypoglycaemia, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, skin rash, stomach pain, lactic acidosis and weight gain.
- How often can I take Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet?
Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Is Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet safe for use during pregnancy?
Cognipride M 2 mg Tablet may be unsafe for use during pregnancy. The pregnant women should use this medicine as under medical supervision.