Concor 10 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Merck Ltd.
Strength: 10 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Beta-Blockers
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: High blood pressure,Chest pain (Angina)
What is Concor 10 mg Tablet?
Concor 10 MG Tablet is Beta-Blocker that is used in the treatment of high blood pressure and chest pain.
Concor 10 MG Tablet is used in the treatment of high blood pressure and chest pain.
How Does the Drug Work?
Bisoprolol is a selective beta blocker that blocks β1 adrenergic receptors in heart muscle cells. Thereby, causes relaxation of blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure.
Common Side Effects of Concor 10 MG Tablet:
List of major side effects of Concor 10 MG Tablet
- Body pain and discomfort
- Runny nose and cough
- Muscle pain
- Trouble sleeping
How to Use Concor 10 MG Tablet?
Concor 10 MG Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine may be taken with or without food as prescribed b your doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Concor 10 MG Tablet
- Do not take Concor 10 MG Tablet if you are allergic to this medicine.
- The pregnant and lactating women should take this medication on doctor’s advice.
- Concor 10 MG Tablet may cause dizziness in some patients. Avoid driving or using heavy machinery while taking this medicine.
- Alcohol consumption Is not advisable during the treatment with Concor 10 MG Tablet as it may have additive hypotensive effects.
Contraindications while using Concor 10 MG Tablet
- Concor 10 MG Tablet should not be used in the patients with bronchial asthma, COPD and bronchospastic disease.
- This medication is contraindicated for use in the patients with cardiogenic shock and symptomatic bradycardia (Slow heart rate).
Possible drug interactions of Concor 10 MG Tablet with other drugs
- Concomitant treatment with catecholamine-depleting drugs such as reserpine may cause additive effects.
- Concomitant use with quinidine may cause serious side effects.
- Concomitant treatment with digitalis glycosides may increase the risk of bradycardia (Slow heart rate).
Store this medication at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in the case of an overdose.
- How often can I take Concor 10 MG Tablet?
Concor 10 MG Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- How does Concor 10 MG Tablet work?
Concor 10 MG Tablet is a selective beta blocker that blocks β1 adrenergic receptors in heart muscle cells. Thereby, causes relaxation of blood vessels and lowers the blood pressure.
- Can I take Concor 10 MG Tablet with multi-vitamin tablet?
Prior consultation to your doctor is advisable before taking this combination of medicines.
- Can Concor 10 MG Tablet be used for anxiety?
No, Concor 10 MG Tablet is not used in the treatment of anxiety.