Coralan 7.5 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd.
Strength: 7.5 mg
Drug type: Anti-anginal drug
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Chest pain (Angina), Heart failure
What is Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet?
Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet is an anti-anginal drug which is used to treat chest pain (Angina) and heart failure.
Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet is used for the treatment of chest pain (Angina) and heart failure.
How Does the Drug Work?
Ivabradine works by inhibiting the cardiac pacemaker If current and lowers the heart rate. Thus, relieves in chest pain.
Common Side Effects of Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet
- Muscle cramps
- Skin reactions
- Blurred vision
How to Use Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet?
Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medication should be taken with food.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet
- Do not take Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- It may cause dizziness as its side effect. It is not advisable to drive or use heavy machinery while taking this medication.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet as it may have additive effects in lowering the blood pressure.
- It is advisable to avoid the consumption of grapefruit juice while taking this medication.
Contraindications while using Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet
- This medication is contraindicated in the patients with severe hypotension and sick sinus syndrome.
- Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet is not recommend for the patients with hepatic impairment.
- This medication is contraindicated to use during pregnancy and lactation.
Possible drug interactions of Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet with other drugs
- The use of this medication is advised against in those concurrently receiving CYP3A4 inducers such as rifampicin as it may decrease the concentration of ivabradine.
- Concomitant treatment with CYP3A4 inhibitors may increase the serum concentration of the drug.
Store this medication at room temperature. Keep away from sunlight, moisture and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- Is Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet a diuretic?
No, Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet is not a diuretic. It belongs to a group of drugs called as anti-anginal drug which is used to treat chest pain.
- Can I take Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet with paracetamol?
Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet may show adverse drug reaction with paracetamol. Please consult your doctor before taking these two medicines together.
- Does Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet cause dizziness?
Yes, Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet may cause dizziness as its side effect. Notify to your physician if you feel this problem persistently while taking this medication.
- Can I take alcohol while taking Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet?
Alcohol consumption is not recommended if you are taking Coralan 7.5 mg Tablet as it can lower your blood pressure. This may make you feel dizzy and you might even faint.