Cortel CH 40/12.5 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd.
Composition: Telmisartan (40 mg) + Chlorthalidone (12.5 mg)
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Angiotensin II antagonists and Diuretics
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: High blood pressure (Hypertension)
What is Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet?
Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet contains the combination of Telmisartan and Chlorthalidone which is used to treat high blood pressure.
Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure).
How Does the Drug Work?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist with antihypertensive activity. It works by inhibiting the binding of angiotensin II to AT1 receptors which in turn cause vasodilation and reduce high blood pressure. Chlorthalidone is a diuretic that prevents the reabsorption of electrolytes and removes extra water.
Common Side Effects of Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet
- Chest pain
- Muscle pain
- Abdominal pain
- Increased heartbeat
- Dry mouth
- Increased urination
- Changed vision
- Joint pain and swelling
How to Use Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet?
Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medicine may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet
- Do not take Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medicine.
- Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet is not safe for using during pregnancy. The pregnant women should take this medication on doctor’s advice.
- Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet may cause dizziness as its side effect. Avoid using heavy machinery and driving while taking this medication.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with this medicine as it may cause additive hypotensive effects.
Contraindications while using Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet
- The use of this medication is contraindicated in the patients with renal impairment and diabetes.
- Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet should be avoided in case of having medical history of hepatic impairment.
Possible drug interactions of Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet with other compounds
- The use of Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet is advised against in those concurrently receiving nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) as it may decrease hypotensive effect of this medication and increase the risk of renal impairment.
- Concomitant treatment of this medicine with potassium containing supplements may Increase risk of hyperkalaemia.
- Concomitant treatment with aliskiren in the patients with kidney diseases may increase hypotensive and nephrotoxic effect.
Store this medicine at room temperature (Between 20-25°C). Protect from sunlight and moisture.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- What is Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet used for?
Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet is used for the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure).
- How often can I take Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet?
Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Can I take Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet with ibuprofen?
Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet may show adverse drug reaction with ibuprofen. It is advisable to consult your doctor before taking these drugs in combination.
- Can I take Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Cortel CH 40/12.5 mg Tablet is not safe to use during pregnancy. Prior consultation to the doctor is advisable in such cases.