Corvadil 2.5 MG Tablet
Manufactured by: Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Strength: 2.5 mg
Pack size: 10 Tablets
Drug type: Calcium channel blockers
Prescription Required: Yes
Primary Uses: Hypertension (High blood pressure), Chest pain (Angina)
What is Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet?
Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet contains Amlodipine as an active ingredient which is used in the treatment of high blood pressure and chest pain.
Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet is used in the treatment of hypertension and chest pain.
How Does the Drug Work?
Amlodipine is a calcium-channel blocker that inhibits the entry of calcium ions into vascular smooth muscle cells. Thereby, relaxes the blood vessels and reduces blood pressure.
Common Side Effects of Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet:
List of major side effects of Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet
- Acid or sour stomach
- Cold hands or feet
- Chest pain
- Decrease in frequency of urination
- Increased thirst
- Trouble sleeping
- Loss of appetite
- Increased heartbeat
- Muscle pain
How to Use Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet?
Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet is taken by mouth by swallowing it completely with adequate water. Do not chew and break the medication. This medication may be taken with or without food as prescribed by the doctor.
Precautions to be Taken:
Useful precautions to be taken while using Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet
- Do not take Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet if you are allergic to this medication.
- Take this medicine at the fixed dose and duration as advised by your physician.
- Before using this medication, notify your physician about your current list of medications and pre-existing diseases.
- Alcohol consumption is not advisable during the treatment with Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet as it may have additive hypotensive effects.
List of contraindications while using Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet
- The use of this medication is contraindicated in the patients with heart diseases such as cardiogenic shock, overt congestive failure and poor LV function.
Possible drug interactions of Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet with other drugs
- Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet should be avoided by the patients who are on catecholamine depleting drugs to avoid additive effects.
- Concomitant treatment with prostaglandin synthase inhibiting drugs such as indomethacin may lower the hypotensive effects of Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet.
Warnings while using Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet
- This medication should be used with caution in the patients with kidney or liver disease.
- This medicine should be used with caution in the patients with coronary artery diseases.
- Regular monitoring of blood pressure and heart rate is advisable during the treatment period.
- This medicine should not be used in the pediatric population.
Pregnancy and lactation:
Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet is not suggested for use in the pregnant and lactating women. Prior consultation to the doctor is required in such cases.
Store this medicine at room temperature. Keep away from sunlight, moisture and children.
In case of missed dose, skip the same and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking double dose to make up for a missed one.
Immediately contact to your doctor as emergency medical treatment is required in case of an overdose.
- What are the side effects of Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet?
The common side effects of Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet include heartburn, Acid or sour stomach, sweating, cold hands or feet, anxiety, chest pain, dizziness, decrease in frequency of urination and trouble sleeping.
- How often can I take Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet?
Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet should be used at fixed dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- Where is amlodipine metabolized?
Amlodipine is majorly metabolized by liver as about 90% of the drug is converted to inactive metabolites hepatically.
- Can I take Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet during pregnancy?
Corvadil 2.5 mg Tablet is not suggested for use in the pregnant women. Prior consultation to the doctor is required in such condition.